Tucson Chimney and Venting Solutions Is Here for Rio Rico Fireplace Owners
Do you live in Rio Rico? Do you own a fireplace or need venting-related services? Then, we’re the team to call. We care about the communities we serve – after all, we live in, work in, and play in these neighborhoods too! We’d love to show you what we can do. Trust our certified, experienced, and licensed crew for it all in Carmen, Tubac, Alto, Patagonia, Beyerville, and anywhere else surrounding.
We Love This Area
Part of the Santa Cruz Trail goes through Rio Rico, there are lots of shopping options, and there’s no shortage of restaurants to visit too. What’s not to love, right?
But what really makes this area great are the people in it. We take pride in providing the highest level of chimney care possible to folks around here, and we make it a priority to put the needs of our customers first and foremost.
This higher level of service means taking time to explain the various parts of the chimney and what their function is. That way, when you’re trying to enjoy a fire on a rainy day, you’re not left confused about why things might not be operating as they should.
Understanding the Anatomy of Your Chimney
We feel that, when preparing for chimney services, it can be helpful to know what parts make up your system’s anatomy. That way, you can ask your technician the right questions or know firsthand what specific concerns need addressing when booking your appointment.
Here’s a quick overview of the inner workings of your chimney.
- Chimney Cap: Look up at your chimney. See that metal-looking cover on top? That’s the cap, and it prevents rain and debris from getting into the flue and causing damage to it, as well as the surrounding area of your home. Caps often have mesh sides, which keep animals from being able to enter the spot and nest.
- Chimney Crown: The chimney crown sits just below the chimney cap and it should be constructed from metal or a reliable concrete mix. Its primary purpose is to keep rain and moisture from getting into the chimney, as well as keep it from damaging the brick and mortar walls.
- Flue/Liner: Your chimney flue is the vertical passage or duct that runs from the firebox (where the fire burns) to the top of the chimney, ensuring fumes have safe passage out of your home. Liners are then put in place to protect the flue and the rest of your home.
- Damper: Your chimney’s damper is located in the flue, and you’re probably already familiar with it since it needs to be opened in order for smoke to escape. It then seals off outside air (and keeps your conditioned air in) once the fire is out. To sum up, a closed damper acts as a seal, while an open damper allows exhaust to escape away from your household and its occupants.
- Firebox: The firebox is where the big show takes place – it holds the fire and opens out into the room, so everyone can enjoy the dancing flames. It‘s typically built from masonry materials, and it will have a hearth at the base, a masonry back and sides, and an opening to the chimney at the top.
- Flashing: Metal pieces are needed to seal the extra vulnerable spot where your roof and chimney meet – that’s called your flashing. This area is especially prone to leaks, and flashing creates a tight, waterproof seal, so you’re less prone to experience water damage in your household.
- Smoke Chamber: Since your firebox is big and your chimney is smaller, you need a sort of funnel to ensure smoke and fumes can move up and out efficiently – cue the smoke chamber. This is located just above the firebox, connecting the firebox to the flue with smooth, sloping walls, and it allows smoke to move into the chimney, while limiting backdrafts in the process.
Call Us Now
What Services Do You Need?
So, what are you looking to schedule? An inspection? A sweeping? Some relining work? A new cap installation? Venting services? Whatever you need, we’re here for you. Book any of the following with us:
- Chimney Inspection
- Chimney & Fireplace Cleaning
- Chimney Repairs
- Chimney Leak Repair
- Masonry Repair
- Chimney Waterproofing
- Chimney Cap Installation
- Damper Repair & Replacement
- Firebox Repair
- Chimney Relining
- Air Duct Cleaning
- Ozone Treatment
- Dryer Vent Cleaning
We’d Love to Have Your Back
We want to have your back with any chimney, venting, or fireplace service you need in Pima County and the Tucson area. That said, we can only do that if you put your trust in us first. Call today to get started.
You can reach us at 520-444-2845 or, if it’s easier, feel free to contact us online. We’re here for you!