If You’re in Sahuarita, Call on Tucson Chimney & Venting for Dependable, Trustworthy Service
So, you’re in cleaning and maintenance mode for your Sahuarita home. You’re checking your roof for loose or damaged shingles, cleaning out your gutters, clearing out any debris from your yard to prepare for new growth, and scheduling an appointment with a pest control service to make sure your sanctuary remains bug-free.
But there’s always an annual task that seems to go overlooked – the chimney inspection. For residents in Southlands West, Turner Acres, Montana Vista, Las Campanas, and any other nearby towns, there’s a team you can trust to treat your chimney right – Tucson Chimney and Venting Solutions.
We Want to Give Back to Those Living Here
We think Sahuarita is a great place for families to settle. There’s tons of parks around town, a wide range of dining and shopping options, and every amenity you need to live a happy and comfortable life – think post offices, libraries, grocery stores, and more.
We aim to do all we can to keep communities like Sahuarita and others throughout our service area looking great and feeling safer with our quality chimney, venting, and fireplace services. Book your next appointment with the pros here at Tucson Chimney today, so you’re all set for enjoying countless cozy fires ahead.
What Are Some Common Chimney Problems?
So, what common issues do we tend to find during the inspection process? Well, hopefully we don’t spot anything of concern! That said, no two chimneys are exactly the same, and we do sometimes encounter problem areas or signs of damage. Some of these issue include:
- Damaged Masonry: Your masonry chimney seems strong and sturdy (and it is), but it is also very susceptible to cracks and mortar damage because of its constant exposure to the weather and outdoor conditions. This type of damage could lead to a larger structural problem if it is not addressed promptly.
- Damaged Flashing: Flashing plays a critical role in protecting your household against moisture and water damage. If it’s damaged or hasn’t been installed correctly from the start, you may find yourself with a leaking ceiling and chimney decay. Don’t turn to a roofer for this kind of job – trust our chimney experts from the start.
- Cracked Chimney Crown: When the chimney crown is cracked or damaged, water is able to seep into the bricks, as well as enter your chimney – and possibly your home. This compromises the structural integrity of your system, damages your ceilings and walls, and can also lead to mold issues.
- Water Damage: Water is a leading cause of chimney damage. When left untreated, moisture can lead to a bevy of long-term and expensive issues. Water damage is directly responsible for spalling (when the surface of the brick breaks off or becomes damaged), damaged mortar, and deterioration and rusting of the chimney liner.
- Chimney Cap Damage: Your chimney cap is important for lots of reasons. It keeps your chimney safe from debris and animals, it blocks rain, it keeps debris at bay, and more. This means that if your chimney cap is damaged or missing, your chimney is at significant risk for all sorts of problems.
- Excessive Creosote Buildup: Creosote occurs naturally when a wood-burning fire is going strong – as the smoke and byproducts move up your flue, this substance will form. Unfortunately, creosote is a leading cause of chimney fires, which is why avoiding it in excess is a must.
- Critters: Animals love the darkness and warmth of chimneys. The most common offenders are birds, squirrels, bats, and raccoons. The animals themselves are definitely a problem, but even if they’ve departed, the debris they leave behind from building nests can cause threats too. Best to get things taken care of before they get out of control.
Call Us Now
Our Services & Products
- Chimney Inspections
- Chimney & Fireplace Cleanings
- Chimney Repairs
- Chimney Leak Repair
- Masonry Repairs
- Chimney Waterproofing
- Chimney Caps
- Chimney Dampers
- Firebox Repair
- Chimney Relining
- Air Duct Cleaning
- Ozone Treatment
- Dryer Vent Cleaning