Chimney Inspections: Book Yours Every Year With Us
If you’re a fireplace owner, scheduling professional inspections should always be on your home maintenance checklist. But how often do these need to be completed? Industry experts say at least once every year.
Now, this doesn’t mean you need to have a full-on, in-depth camera inspection completed every year. What it does mean, though, is having a professional come to your home and look for any obvious signs of damage, buildup, or hazards. If you’re due for an inspection in Tucson, give our techs a call today.
Level 1, 2 & 3 Chimney Inspections: What Level Do You Need?
Here at Tucson Chimney and Venting Solutions, we offer three levels of inspections, ensuring your chimney needs are met, no matter the current state of your system. What level you need, though, will depend on your circumstances.
- Level 1: If you book inspections every year and haven’t made any renovations, like a change in fuel or a remodel, then a level 1 inspection should suffice.
- Level 2: If you’ve invested in major changes recently or been through a situation where your system has faced damage (like a lightning strike, tornado, flood, chimney fire, etc.), then a more thorough level 2 inspection is recommended.
- Level 3: Most homeowners won’t ever require a level 3 inspection, but for those who do, we can get it done. These are done when a level 1 or 2 still don’t uncover the cause of your chimney problems – in which case, the system needs to be taken apart.
Not sure what you need? Feel free to reach out, and we can point you in the right direction.
Why Book Chimney Inspections Annually?
Scheduling annual chimney inspections is important for a few big reasons.
- First, and most important, chimney inspections keep your home and family safer. A chimney that is not properly and professionally maintained can invite some serious hazards, like gas leaks, chimney fires, smoke inhalation, home damage, and more. Regular inspections will help to identify any issues well before they become a serious – and threatening – problem.
- Annual chimney inspections are also important for maintaining the efficiency and performance of your system. Over time, various components (like your damper, flashing, chimney cap, masonry, and more) can become damaged and worn. And the longer issues are left unaddressed, the more damage you’re bound to experience. Spotting issues right away gives us the chance to address them before bigger – and more costly – repairs are needed.
- Finally, a well-maintained chimney can be a major selling point for potential buyers when it comes time to sell your home. A damaged and deteriorating one, though? That’ll have the opposite effect. Regular inspections ensure your chimney remains in good condition on a consistent basis, so come time to sell, you’ll be ready.
In the end, annual inspections are our way of keeping your chimney and fireplace healthy and working well year after year. If it’s time to get yours booked, don’t wait.
What to Expect From Us
As CSIA-certified sweeps, we pride ourselves on providing thorough, professional, and in-depth chimney inspections at an affordable rate. As we conduct our inspection, we will check for the following problems that typically affect chimneys:
- Creosote buildup
- Chimney blockages
- Problems with the brickwork
- Cracks in the chimney’s flue
- Water damage and moisture
- Liner deterioration
- Chimney cap and crown damage
Here’s the deal – creosote is a byproduct which is gummy, corrosive, smells terrible, and can cause house fires and deteriorate your chimney. And, if blockages are present, that can affect airflow, cause carbon monoxide to enter your home, and present fire hazards.
We’re here to spot these issues long before they become major problems. If ignored, chimney damages can eventually cause your chimney to lean to one side, crumble, or collapse altogether. We want to ensure none of that happens, which is why we’re here to do a thorough overview and keep your system standing tall and operating safer for years to come.
Call Now for Quality Professional Service
From the top of your cap to the bottom of your fireplace floor, we’ve got your chimney needs covered. Contact us today to get the care you deserve. Dial 520-444-2845 or fill out our online form now.